Friday, January 8, 2016

New Year's Fitness Resolutions and Weight Loss


December 2014

December 2015
December 2015



I have been hearing a lot of my friends talking about their 2016 New Year's Resolutions. It appears that weight loss is at the top of a lot of the lists. I get a lot of questions about my "Diet".  So I'll focus a number of my posts this year on healthy eating habits. I use the word HABIT because that is exactly how I view it.

Quick fix diets in my experience only give you temporary results. You will lose weight initially, but it usually comes back as soon as you fall back into your old eating habits. To be honest, during the month of December 2015, I temporarily fell back into some really poor eating and drinking habits. With all of parties (for work and for my private life) it was really challenging for me to keep a clean eating regime. I indulged in all types of rich food and sweet drinks (in moderation). The positive part was that since I had worked so hard over the last 7 months with practicing clean eating and working out regularly, I didn't gain any weight. A lot of the friends unfortunately were not so fortunate.

You can't cheat your way to being healthy. You have to do the work. It will pay off and your will benefit in so many more ways than your could have ever imagined if you do it!

Here are some good ways to start to work yourself into clean eating:


  • Reduce your sugar intake
  • Reduce alcoholic beverages intake (only to 1 to 2 glasses a week - 4oz )
  • Reduce your Carbohydrate intake
  • Increase the amount of Green Leafy Vegetables and fruits you eat
  • Eat more lean proteins (chicken, fish, turkey)
  • Ramp up your metabolism by eating every 2.5 to 3 hours or so
  • Incorporate a daily multi-vitamin and/or supplements
  • Eliminate the intake of Fried Foods
  • Reduce your calorie intake
  • Reduce your sodium intake


Disclaimer: I am no doctor, so please consult a qualified physician for a more comprehensive health outlook and/or advice. I am just sharing what works for me. Results may vary for you.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/284737-clean-eating-rules/

http://www.fitbodyhq.com/nutrition/beginners-guide-to-eating-clean/

http://goop.com/clean/


Below is an example of a shopping list you can use as a guide for clean eating. Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. PkDomain offers best web hosting services in Pakistan. We offers shared hosting, domain registration, dedicated servers and reseller program and free domain hosting can also refer to website hosts services that provide a free domain name included with their free webhosting plan. PK Domain is one of the company which provide to their customer reliable and cheapest free web hosting in Pakistan. You can get complete information about different packages of domain and hosting at www.pkdomain.com.pk. Searching for a free domain name? Buy one of our hosting packages and get a domain for free! More than 700 domain extensions waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete